Crafting with kids is about much more than making an ornament or picture. It is more about creating memories, encouraging self-confidence, and letting kids express their creativity. The Cotton Ball Snowman Ornament is one of those crafts that lets children unleash their inner artist. Give them free reign to cut the snowman’s hat how they envision it. Let them add buttons, eyes, and a mouth in shapes that they cut out. Not only will their self-confidence grow, but it will give you a glimpse into how your child perceives the world around him. Enjoy!
25 Days of Quick Kids’ Christmas Ornaments: Day 10
Cotton Ball Snowman Ornament
Ages: 2+ (with adult supervision)
Time: 15 minutes
- Snowman Template
- Cotton Balls
- Black Felt or Construction Paper
- Red Felt or Construction Paper
- Yarn or Ribbon
- Print out the snowman template on white card stock and cut it out.
- Glue cotton balls on the snowman template.
- Cut a top hat out from the black felt or construction paper and glue it on to the top of the snowman’s head.
- Cut out eyes, a mouth, and buttons from the felt or construction paper and glue them on.
- When the glue is dry, turn the snowman over and tape the two ends of a piece of yarn (6” long, folded in half) to the back of the snowman.
- Hang on your Christmas tree and enjoy!
Did you make a Cotton Ball Snowman Ornament? Share your beautiful work with us by posting a picture on our Facebook page! Merry Christmas!
Want more ornament ideas? See more ornaments from the 25 Days of Quick Kids’ Christmas Ornaments here!