Since we homeschool, it’s always fun to combine our craft activities during the holidays with a bit of learning. We’ve been working on all sorts of things in math, but the geo-boards have seen their fair share of action lately. Instead of simply working on the flat board, we decided to take the geo-board to the next level by creating a Christmas Geo-Tree. It’s fun, easy, and good for children ages 5 and above (with adult supervision, of course).
Easy Christmas Geo-Tree Craft
Ages: 5+ with adult supervision
Time Needed: 20 minutes
- Cover your working surface with a plastic tablecloth.
- Paint the cone with the green tempera paint and let it dry.
- Push the golf tees into the styrofoam. There’s no correct way to do this, just push them in all over the tree.
- Hook the rubberbands from peg to peg around the tree. Again, there’s no correct way to do this. Just loop and stretch. There does not need to be a pattern.
- Let it dry completely and display with your Christmas decorations!
If you decide to do this craft, snap a photo and let us know how it goes by posting it to the Quick Kids’ Crafts Facebook wall!