All aboard! We’ve been studying trains this week in preparation for the Time Travelers Transportation class from MamaTeaches Online. One of the easy and quick kids crafts for the week was a Name Train that reinforced fine motor skill development, name recognition, spelling, and more. Depending on the length of your child’s name, it could anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes to do this craft. Have fun and let me know how it goes!
Name Train Craft for Kids
Age: Preschool & up!
Time Needed: 15-30 minutes
- Train Engine Template
- Colored Construction Paper
- 1 Large Piece of White Construction Paper
- Markers (Make sure you have a black marker too!)
- Color and cut out the train engine.
- Cut out one rectangle (train car) for each letter in your name.
- Write one letter on each rectangle.
- Arrange the engine and cars on the white construction paper and glue them on.
- Draw wheels for the cars using a black marker.
- Draw tracks under the wheels.
- Display your name train in your room or on the refrigerator.
If you decide to do this craft, snap a photo and let us know how it goes by posting it to the Quick Kids’ Crafts Facebook wall!