Ah, fall. The leaves are changing, the crisp autumn air drifts through the windows, and quick kids’ crafts are just what your fall afternoon is calling for. Take a walk, gather up some pinecones, and get to work creating some easy and decorative painted pinecones.
Quick Kids’ Craft: Painted Pinecones
Time: 15-45 minutes
- Plastic Tablecloth
- Tempera Paint in Fall Colors
- Paint Tray
- Small Bowl of Water
- Rag or Paper Towels
- Sponge or Paintbrush
- Wax Paper
- Clean off the pinecones and remove as much dust and debris as possible.
- Using a sponge or paintbrush, let your little artist paint the pinecone.
- Place the painted pinecones on a non-stick surface, like a piece of wax paper, to dry.
- Place the dry pinecones on your mantle or in a decorative bowl to display.