I remember sitting at the dining room table making these exact paper beads with my mom for craft fairs. She always used Avon magazines, because the paper was thick and the layout and design of the pages always resulted in some beautiful beads. So, when a new Avon magazine showed up on our doorstep, I could not wait to share this quick and easy craft with my own daughter.
Quick Kids’ Craft: Paper Beads – Bracelet or Necklace
Time: 15-45 minutes
- Avon magazine (or the magazine of your choice)
- White glue
- Curling ribbon
- Cut long, thin triangles from the pages of your magazine. Ours measured approximately 1/2” long at the base and tapered down to a point.
- Roll the paper triangles starting with the wide end first. Continue to roll gently until you can wrap the small end against the roll.
- Place a dab of glue on the small end of the triangle and gently smooth it down against the bead.
- When all of the beads are dry, slide them onto a length of curling ribbon.
- Use as many beads as needed to create a bracelet or necklace. Tie the ends of the curling ribbon together to secure the beads and finish off the bracelet.
- Flaunt your new fashion jewelry with handmade pride!