The other day we asked our Facebook friends what crafts their kids were working on and we got some great responses. Carrie from Chockababy mentioned that her kids have a slight case of the “gimmes” and were going to be making Gratitude Garlands. Gratitude Garlands where your kids write what they are thankful for that year? How did I miss this lovely idea?!
I immediately went searching and while most of the garland ideas featured hand-cut construction paper leaves and turkey, I wanted something that even my youngest could cut out without much trouble. Enter the amazingly awesome free Thanksgiving printables from paper glitter! Their entire PDF for Thanksgiving is fantastic, but I decided to use the rectangle nameplates to create our garland. The circular cupcake toppers were a close second, because they could easily be used for the garland, but I wanted the kids to feel successful cutting out the pieces (and circles can make even the most experienced crafter cringe).
Check it out! They were thankful for a lot of things and I am especially thankful for all of you!
Thanksgiving Gratitude Garland
Ages: 3+ (with adult supervision)
Time: 20 minutes
- Thanksgiving printable template from paper glitter
- Markers or pens
- Stapler & staples
- Browse through the free template and decide which design you would like to use for the garland. Print out your choice on card stock.
- Cut out the designs.
- Write something on each card or shape that you are thankful for this year.
- Space the shapes out and staple them onto a strip of ribbon.
- Hang the garland on a banister, mantle, or doorframe.
Did you make this craft? Share your Thanksgiving Gratitude Garland with us by posting a picture on our Facebook page!